LAA is pleased to announce the formation of the United Voice for Alberta Libraries Working Group. This Working Group will work together to explore the vision of creating one strong, united library association that will be an effective, unified voice for the whole Alberta library community. The new and united Alberta library association would unify several existing Alberta library organizations under one umbrella association.
Members of the Working Group include:
• Alberta Association of Academic Libraries (AAAL)
• Alberta Association of Library Technicians (AALT)
• Alberta School Learning Commons Council (ALSC)
• Alberta Library Trustees Association (ALTA)
• Alberta Public Library Administrators Council (APLAC)
• Library Association of Alberta (LAA)
During the Alberta Library Conference, a Town Hall meeting will be held Saturday April 29, 2017 from 4:15-5:00 pm. Members of the Working Group will be on hand to discuss the United Voice vision and the road ahead. This is an open discussion, with everyone welcome.
United Voice for Alberta Libraries (pdf)
Please join in the discussion at the Town Hall, within your existing organization and with the Working Group. We are better together!
Peter Bailey, BA, MLIS
PRESIDENT, LIBRARY ASSOCIATION OF ALBERTA (LAA)